12 Reasons why you should visit Spain

Show Article Summary

Show Full Article

I lived in Spain for 2 years, living there was one of the craziest yet fondest memories of my life. Whenever people ask me where they should go on vacation I quickly blurt out ” Visit Spain!” Here are 12 reasons why.

1. Rich History

Spain is a country that has diverse history from different religions and its relationships with other countries. You can see these influences in Spain’s architectures, culture, food, and cities.

2. Medieval Towns

Visit Spain: Medieval Towns

Along with Spain’s in-depth history, you can get to see real medieval towns that have been preserved for thousands of years.

3. Famous Movie Scenes

Visit Spain: Movie SceneDue to Spain’s diverse terrains and low taxes, many famous movies are shot here. Movies like Lawrence of Arabia, Fast and Furious 6, Games of Thrones, Star Wars, Indiana Jones have had a scene or two in Spain.

Did you know that many American spagethi westerns were shot in Almeria, Spain?

4. Stunning Architectures

There are no words to the describe the grandness and beauty of Spain’s architectures. Spain has 45 world heritage sites.

5. Diverse Geography

Visit Spain: Diverse GeographySource: AnkasWorld

A lot of people associate Spain with beaches and warm sunny weather but you might be surprised to know that Spain has more than that.  Wanna go skiing why not go to Navacerrada. Or if you are more of a city and skyscraper person, then Madrid, Barcelona, Bilbao, and Valencia are the places to be. Maybe you wanna see the desert? then, Almeria, Spain has what you are looking for.

6. Diverse Culture

The Spanish culture is more diverse than you can imagine. It’s not all about Flamenco. The culture of every Spanish region has something unique to offer.

7. Friendly Locals

The people of Spain are one of the friendliest group, I’ve met in Europe and everyone is always down for a chat. This is probably why whenever they bid you goodbye they say “Hasta Luego- See you later

8. Family Friendly

The Spanish culture is all about family. Its society is also designed this way. Many Spanish towns and cities have family-friendly options.

9. Best Cuisine

Visit Spain: Cuisine

Spain has not only some of the most delicious dishes but they are also ranked among the top 10 worldwide.

10. Efficient Transporation

Spain’s public transport is efficient, economical and has quality service. For more information about Spain’s public transport and how to get around, check out Expatica.

11. Real Madrid

Visit Spain: Real Madrid

Spain’s Real Madrid is the best soccer(football) team in the world. This could be my bias but the internet backs me up here.

12. The Views

Spain has gorgeous artificial and natural views that you can just stare at for days.

I hope you are adding Spain to your bucket list!
like this post? pin it or save it for later!
Visit Spain: Pinterest

10. Efficient Transporation

11. Real Madrid

12. The Views

2017-11-15T15:20:45+00:00 August 17th, 2017|Spain|17 Comments

17 Comments

1. Priyadarshini Rajendran August 19, 2017 at 1:55 pm - Reply

Lovely views…definitely adding Spain to my bucket list. The cuisine sounds amazing too.

2. TravellingDany August 19, 2017 at 1:55 pm - Reply

I haven’t been in Spain forever, but I definitely remember the delicious food and the medieval towns. I still have Segovia and Toledo in my heart! Maybe I should get back for more!

3. Fiona Mai August 19, 2017 at 2:02 pm - Reply

Reading this makes me regret that I did not visit Spain before my Schengen visa expired last year. I especially love the Spanish cuisines. Will definitely go to Spain next time I have the chance to come back to Europe!

4. Mariellen Ward (@Breathedreamgo) August 19, 2017 at 2:05 pm - Reply

I’ve never been to Spain, but honestly, the cuisine alone would be enough!

5. Rachelle Gordon August 19, 2017 at 2:21 pm - Reply

I love how a lot of your reasons listed are about the diversity of Spain. My cousin is currently living in Spain and I’m planning a trip to go see her, and many of the reasons you listed hit home. Of course I need to plan my trip to be in line with the Real!

6. Lana Pajdas August 20, 2017 at 12:19 am - Reply

I love Spain and soon I’ll get to know it better 🙂 thank you for this beautiful article 🙂

7. Aarti Kamath August 20, 2017 at 3:09 pm - Reply

I agree with all your reasons to visit Spain! … I would however visit Spain and Portugal for all its medieval towns, views and the food!…

8. Katherine August 20, 2017 at 3:17 pm - Reply

Hahaha, I can’t believe you put Real Madrid so far down the list 😉 Although I might just be a bigger Barca fan. I didn’t know that so many movies and TV shows had scenes shot in Spain, although I can vouch for the great public transport system. At least in and from Barcelona. Great post!

9. Valerie Ferguson August 20, 2017 at 8:16 pm - Reply

I love Spain and I’ve travelled there many times and also used to have to go a lot for work (oh what a shame, haha!). I think a great reason to go is the semana santa (Holy Week) processions for Easter. I was interested in what is the fab-looking medieval town in your photo?

10. JetsettingJade August 20, 2017 at 8:19 pm - Reply

This has opened my eyes to how much Spain has to offer. I’m ashamed to say that I’ve been to Spain dozens of times but I only ever get as far as my parents villa in Nerja! I should definitely venture further afield.

11. Joella August 21, 2017 at 3:38 pm - Reply

I really need to go back to Spain. I loved Barcelona but would like to visit some of the other places you mentioned to get a different perspective. My mom is planing a trip and I should see if she would take me with her.

12. Sherrie Allbritten August 21, 2017 at 8:16 pm - Reply

I have been to Barcelona and want to go back to more areas of Spain- totally agree with you that there are so many reasons to visit! Hopefully one day we will return.

13. Trippindian August 22, 2017 at 9:37 am - Reply

For me famous movie scenes can be the only reason why I’d travel to Spain. It has everything. Simply everything. From montains to beaches, culture, food, nightclubs, cathedrals, EVERYTHING!

14. AllGudThings August 31, 2017 at 2:50 pm - Reply

Spain is already high on our list and the reasons you quoted in the post perfectly match well to our choice. The architecture, movie scenes, food everything looks perfect in your pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Hey! Your opinion matters. Leave a comment